Q1: What is OFDC?
Ans: The Odisha Film Development Corporation (OFDC) is a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) of Government of Odisha. Odisha Film Development Corporation is a promotional agency for the growth and development of film industry in Odisha established in 1976 in Cuttack to promote the Odia film industry.
Q2 : What is the objectives of OFDC?
Ans: The Odisha Film Development Corporation has following objectives;
- Financial assistance to producers for production of Oriya feature films.
- Financial assistance to private entrepreneurs for construction of new low cost Janata and Rural Cinema houses in semi urban and rural areas and renovation of existing cinema houses.
- Setting up a studio complex to facilitate the Indoor Shooting, Dubbing, Editing, Music Recording, Mixing and B.G. Scoring etc.
- Setting up a color processing laboratory to develop and printing of motion pictures.
- Setting up a Video Complex for production of tele-films and serials
- Providing subsidy to producers for production of Odisha films and special subsidy to other language films
- Compulsory screening of Oriya films
- Organization of Regional, Children’s Foreign Film and Documentary Film Festivals
- Grant in aid to cine societies.
Q3 : What are the schemes implemented by the OFDC?
Ans: The Corporation is functioning and implementing different schemes under the plan programme for development of film industry in the state. These includes;
- Construction of Cinema Halls
- Low Cost Janata Cinema House.
- Low cost Rural Cinema House:
- Loan for renovation of existing Cinema Houses
Q4: What is the scheme on Construction of Cinema Halls?
Ans : This scheme is for extending loan to the entrepreneurs for construction of Janata and Rural cinema halls in the state. Besides, the corporation is extending loan for renovation and remodeling of existing cinema halls.
Q4: What is the scheme on Low cost Janata Cinema House?
Ans: The Corporation has devised a scheme and plan for construction of low cost Janata cinema houses with a seating capacity of 600-800 persons in semi urban areas by the entrepreneurs. The total project cost of the cinema hall is 22.20 lakhs INRof which the corporation provides 15.00 lakhs INR as Term Loan with an interest of 14% per annum with a rebate of 2% for timely repayment of loan and interest dues.
Q5: What is the scheme Low cost Rural Cinema House?
Ans: The Corporation has devised a scheme and plan for construction of low cost rural cinema houses for the rural areas at block levels by the entrepreneurs with a seating capacity of 200-300 persons. The project cost of the said scheme Is 15.50 lakhs INR of which the corporation provides Rs.10.40 as Term Loan with an interest of 14% per annum with a rebate of 2% for timely repayment of loan and interest dues.
Q6: What is the scheme on Loan for renovation of existing Cinema Houses?
Ans : With a view to improve the conditions of the existing Cinema Houses particularly in semi urban and rural areas, the corporation considers sanction loans up to a limit of .8.00 lakhs. INR. The loan is mainly extended to improve the audiovisual systems, chairs, electrical equipment’s, generator etc. The loan carries an Interest at the rate of 10% per annum, effective from 01.11.2009.
Q7. What is the scheme on Subsidy to Cinema Halls (Refund of E.T.)?
Ans : In respect of new cinema houses, the amount collected by way of Entertainment Tax excluding surcharge tax on exhibition of advertisements and show tax for first two years after its commissioning shall be given as subsidy to the concerned cinema halls through the Odisha Film Development Corporation Ltd. as per the rules of the corporation and approved by the State Govt. from time to time.
Q8 : What are the subsidy OFDC provides to Odia Feature films and cinema houses?
Ans: Subsidy is provided to Odia feature films and cinema house owner, which is as per the subsidy rule framed by the corporation. This is approved by the State Govt. with amendments from time to time looking to the requirements. This can be availed based on the fulfillment of eligibility under Subsidy rules.
- OdiaFeature Films: The State Government provides subsidy to the producers of Odia films through the OFDC to the maximum of 4.00 lakhs INR per film.
- Documentary / Short Films: The film makers of the documentary and short films in Odia language are also given subsidy by the State Govt. through the OFDC to the maximum limit of 1,25,000 INR per Film.
- Special Subsidy for non-OdiaFilms: To ensure the optimum utilization of available resources In the State, the producers of non-Odia films are also encouraged and a special subsidy is provided by the Govt. through the OFDC to the maximum limit of 1.25 lakhs INR per film.
- Subsidy to Cinema house owners: OFDC provides new cinema houses ( upto two years of commissioning) subsidy on the amount collected by way of Entertainment Tax excluding surcharge tax on exhibition of advertisements and show tax.